What I had noticed came to me through Sue Waters, who pointed to a post by Sylvia Tolisano on Blogging as a Curation Platform: http://langwitches.org/blog/2014/06/15/blogging-as-a-curation-platform/.
This post states what might to some appear obvious, that curation should derive from and inform the larger network of one's peers, and that it should avoid what some people indeed do, simply copy / pasting links without enriching comment. The post has an interesting info-graphic which I hope it's alright if I re-post here, from http://langwitches.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/blogging-as-curation.jpg
The post, not surprisingly, points in turn to a comprehensive work by Sue Waters, here: http://theedublogger.com/2014/06/12/curation/. This post is rich in tools for curation, has a video embed by Howard Rheingold speaking with Robin Good on curation, and itself has an infographic illustrating a curation cycle, which again I hope it's ok to reproduce below (must be as long as it's done with correct attribution, as she reproduces Sylvia's graphic above in her post):
So, as these posts appeared timely to our proposed work, I thought I'd share them here.
- Vance Stevens, June 18, 2014


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.