I'm just following up on a matter that I brought up at our virtual meeting - offering to share ideas, concepts etc. that should offer some support on how to realise a successful "online tutorial". (line 29 on the ether pad)
I'll do so by curating some resources found on the web and adding some of my own commentary. My goal is NOT to make you into an instructional designer .. though much of what I will be sharing, will be drawn from material that an instructional designer would most likely be already familiar with. For instance, I'll use the current post to recommend a combination of instructional design models. This Slideshare presentation does a pretty good job of introducing the 3 basic ones. You're likely to see signs of all three model present in the framework that I put together.
Whatever is posted, it should be useful to help inform your own work on realising a solid "online tutorial" . I'll also share tidbits on qualities of adult learners, creating interaction, supporting self directed learning. I'll send each one to you as an email and have it automatically posted to our blog for future reference too. Each post will be tagged accordingly.
Some of us are already qualified Instructional Designers. In which case, I'm pleading for both your patience with me in sharing much of this with others who are not familiar and your involvement by sharing your own suggestions and ideas on these same topics. Keep in mind our ultimate aim is to help each one of us realise simple but great tutorials for the benefit of our peers throughout the Gulf region ... and learn something about online instruction along the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.